Make Your Legs Your Greatest Asset With Sclerotherapy
Are you irritated by noticeable red and blue veins on your legs? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. At BodyLase, we offer sclerotherapy—a highly effective and safe treatment that eliminates the appearance of unsightly veins on the legs. The procedure is quick and virtually painless so you’ll be showing off your legs in no time!
What is Sclerotherapy Vein Treatment?
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment that involves the injection of a solution through a fine needle into the unsightly veins on the legs. The solution causes the vein to close down and the blood is rerouted through healthier veins. The old vein is then reabsorbed by the body and eventually fades and disappears.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can be caused by many factors.
- Heredity. If you have a family member with prominent veins, there is an increased risk of you developing them. Approximately half of the people who get varicose veins have a family history of them.
- Age. The normal wear and tear of aging may cause valves in the veins to weaken and not work as well.
- Gender. Women are two to three times more likely to develop varicose veins than men. Up to half of American women have varicose veins. Changes in hormones due to puberty, pregnancy, menopause, or taking birth control pills may increase a woman’s risk of developing varicose veins.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, the growth of the fetus increases the pressure on the veins in the legs. Varicose veins that occur during pregnancy usually improve within 3 to 12 months following delivery.
- Overweight and obesity. Having extra weight on the body can put additional pressure on the veins.
- Prolonged standing or sitting. This is particularly true with legs bent or crossed. When standing or sitting with legs bent or crossed, the veins have to work harder to pump the blood up to the heart.
Does Sclerotherapy Hurt?
Because this treatment requires injections, you may experience mild stinging or cramping for a short period of time. Slight bruising around the treated area may occur. 50%-80% of injected veins are usually eliminated with each sclerotherapy session and 2-3 treatments are recommended. Once your treatment is complete, the unwanted veins tend to fade within just a few weeks. The treatment usually takes 30 minutes and you can return to your normal day-to-day activities without any inconvenience.
Does Sclerotherapy Work?
Yes! Studies have shown that as many as 50%-80% of injected veins may be eliminated with each session of sclerotherapy. Less than 10% of the people who have sclerotherapy do not respond to the injections at all. Blood circulation continues through other healthy veins while the unsightly veins are eliminated.
Does sclerotherapy seem like the right treatment for you? Contact BodyLase located in Raleigh and Cary, NC to schedule your consultation today.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.