Skin comes in many textures and colors. The tones and textures often change during a person’s lifetime due to medical or environmental reasons. Wrinkles, dark spots and spider veins are just a few unattractive skin conditions that may pop up along the way. Many of those skin conditions can now be improved using the non-invasive Intense Pulsed Light or IPL photofacial treatment.
The IPL treatment uses a pulsed light that targets the deep layers of the skin and provides long-lasting effects. The process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete which means it can fit into any woman’s busy schedule. There is no downtime after the procedure. Persons receiving IPL treatment can return to normal activities immediately. Another point that mustn’t be missed is that other facial treatments like chemical peels and microdermabrasion (topical therapies) can be done in conjunction with the IPL photofacial procedure for a complete skin makeover.
Here are some of the skin conditions where the IPL photofacial treatment gets excellent results:
- Small Facial Veins – reduces redness and creates a more even tone
- Hyperpigmentation – the dark spots that appear on the skin due to sunspots and pigmentation irregularities.
- Acne – reduces redness and inflammation without drying the skin with topical products.
- Enlarged Pores – diminishes the size of large pores that collect dirt and oil causing irritation.
- Red Spots – helps to eliminate cherry angiomas and other redness
- Rosacea – minimizes the red flushes over the skin and enhances the natural complexion with an even tone.
- Freckles – helps to fade freckles for a more even skin tone
- Fine Wrinkles – treats the deeper layers of the skin, improving the texture. Moreover, it enhances the growth of collagen, which reduces the look of wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
- Age Spots
- Port Wine Stains – lightens this discoloration of the skin caused by a capillary malformation.
- Erythema – reduces redness in this condition caused by a congestion of the capillaries as a result of a skin injury.
Considering the cost of other skin treatments, IPL is affordable. The IPL photofacial is a great option to enjoy smooth, radiant skin long into the future.