To Our BodyLase Friends and Family,
We sincerely appreciate your patience and support during this time. We are open and seeing patients for all treatments!
As you prepare for your next treatment, we wanted to inform you of the safety protocols we have in place.
As your trusted medical office, we are committed to protecting the safety of our patients, staff, and community while maintaining the highest quality of care. In accordance with the latest recommendations from the CDC, we ask that you follow/be prepared for the steps below to best ensure the safety of all:
- Come alone to your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering (mask or cloth covering) that covers your nose and mouth.
- Be prepared to answer the following COVID-19 screening questions in order to enter our office:
- Do you have a new fever (100.4 F or higher)?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have any new muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition and that were not caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been out of the country within the last 14 days?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, you will not be allowed enter BodyLase and will need to wait at least 14 days before returning to our office. Please expect the following procedures to be in place upon arrival to BodyLase:
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. The CDC defines a fever at 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. If you have a fever, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Our facility is set up to maintain appropriate social distancing in all common areas. Our staff will either escort you directly into your treatment room when you arrive or will take you to a designated safe waiting area.
- Our administrative staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- In the treatment room, you will be attended to by our medical staff, who will be wearing masks, face shields, and medical gloves.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, we will process your payment with the card we have on file. Please be prepared to give your card number when scheduling your appointment or via our online booking portal.
In addition to the above precautions, we also want to inform you of the following infection prevention policies and procedures we have in place to ensure a clean and safe facility:
- Thorough disinfection of treatment rooms between each patient using approved medical-grade disinfecting agents.
- Disinfection of all public surfaces and common areas several times daily using medical-grade disinfecting agents.
- Ongoing deep cleaning and sanitizing of the facility by a professional cleaning service.
- Hand sanitizer stations at the entrance, at check-in, check-out, near all workstations, in bathrooms, and at the entrance of all treatment rooms.
- Removal of all magazines and reusable menus from our office.
- Coffee, tea, and water are no longer self-serve. One of our staff members will assist as needed.
- Our Retail area is no longer self-serve. One of our staff members will assist as needed.
- Screening of all staff members prior to every work shift.
- Regular staff in-services and training to stay current with all CDC guidelines and updates.
- Scheduling virtual visits and consultations when appropriate to minimize in-person visits.
Please contact us by phone at 919-954-2288 (Raleigh) or 919-851-8989 (Cary) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. If you would like to request an appointment, you can do so here for Raleigh or here for Cary.
Wishing you all good health and comfort,
The BodyLase Team