Love, this month, is in the proverbial air. So even if you’ve left your lips long neglected, now is the time to get the sexy look right. Iconic beauties like Brigitte Bardot and Marilyn Monroe knew that the secret of a sultry look was in the perfect pout! Lucky for you getting the perfect lip is sweet and simple. The pay-off, however, is invaluable. Find out how to make the most of what you’ve got and finally get that heartbreakingly gorgeous kisser!
A set of great lips always begins with a flawless foundation.
- There’s no excuse for flaky lips since there are many ways to nourish your pout. Lip scrubs are the easiest way to reduce any unwanted texture. What better way to prep your kisser before Valentine’s day than with an irresistible mix of brown sugar and coconut oil! In a small bowl, fold together 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil. Gently massage onto lips for 20 seconds and wash away to reveal a newly polished pucker.
- If you’ve got dry-as-desert lips, you probably stray from playing up your kissable asset. Drinking water is a great way to fend off any dryness. Moisturize your lips from the inside out by drinking an extra glass of water for every caffeinated soda and coffee you drink! This will help your lips survive under those drying lipsticks on Valentine’s Day.
- Plump it up! Many lip products tout plumping effects—but often irritants and inflammation are what cause your lips to balloon. Not interested in an allergic reaction? Then pump up your smile with water. A balm with hyaluronic acid, a natural compound which attracts 50 times its weight in water, will blow up your lips with moisture.
Enhance Your Pout
Makeup is an easy everyday way to enhance your pout.
- For a simple fix, add a dash of lipgloss. Many thick lipglosses give lips an extra body thanks to the sheer amount of product that gets slapped on. As a bonus, the brilliant shine attracts the light to simulate some added dimension.
- Play with shadows to make a natural lip pop. Lightening some areas and deepening to others allows lips to jumping off the facial canvas. Line the outer corners with concealer and blend some contouring powder just below the bottom center of your lip. Finally a touch of shimmery highlighter to the cupid’s bow to finish off the luscious look.
- To get picture-perfect red lips, add drama to your lips like Marilyn Monroe. Line and fill your lips with a red pencil. Next apply red lipstick to your entire lip. Finally dab a brighter red to the center of your lips. The effect is a velvety plump pout!
Go the Extra Mile
Want natural-looking fullness that you can simply wake up with? Don’t wait any longer. Valentine’s is the perfect time to flaunt your beautiful features. Find out how BodyLase® can help!
- Juvederm is a hyaluronic filler that adds natural-looking volume to your kisser. Hyaluronic acid, a compound naturally produced by your body, decreases with age. With a quick visit to BodyLase®, you can re-introduce that irresistible volume to your lips.
- Already endowed with kissable lips? Refine your smile with some definition along the edges. Radiesse, a filler comprised of calcium-based microspheres and gel, immediately smooths out fine lines and indentations. Radiesse not only delivers immediate results, but also encourages collagen production for long-term correction of up to a year.
LIPS AND LASH SPECIAL
Beautify yourself this Valentine’s Day with our February 2012 Special. You’ll get FREE Latisse for every Juvederm treatment purchased. Schedule an appointment with BodyLase® so you can grab those lovely lips and lush lashes too!